Step into the world of Weller Bourbon, where tradition meets craftsmanship and each sip tells a story. In this blog, we embark on a journey through the illustrious Weller Bourbon lineup, exploring the nuances of Weller Bourbon, Weller Bourbon Special Reserve, and Weller Antique Bourbon. Join us as we delve into the best Weller Bourbon bottles, meticulously ranked to guide aficionados and enthusiasts in their quest for the perfect pour.
Here are some of the different types of Weller whiskey
- A wheated bourbon with a softer, smoother profile. Bottled at 90 proof.
- Known for its balanced flavor profile with notes of caramel, vanilla, and a hint of fruit.
- A higher proof bourbon, bottled at 107 proof.
- Offers a more robust and intense flavor profile with notes of spice, honey, and a longer finish.
- A well-aged bourbon, matured for 12 years.
- Bottled at a slightly lower proof than Antique, providing a smoother and more refined taste.
- Known for its rich, complex flavors with hints of dried fruit and oak.
- Bottled at its original barrel proof without any dilution.
- Offers a bold and unfiltered taste, showcasing the full intensity of the whiskey.
- Notable for its higher alcohol content, typically well above 100 proof.
William Larue Weller (Part of Buffalo Trace Antique Collection):
- An annual release as part of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection.
- A wheated bourbon with no age statement but often features well-aged whiskey.
- Renowned for its high proof and exceptional depth of flavor, with notes of dark fruits, chocolate, and spices.
Craft Your Perfect Weller Blend:
Enthusiasts often engage in blending different Weller expressions to create a custom flavor profile.
Mixing Weller Special Reserve with Weller Antique or other expressions allows for a personalized tasting experience.
Limited Edition and Single Barrel Releases:
Weller occasionally releases limited edition and single barrel expressions, often with unique characteristics and packaging.
These releases are highly sought after by collectors and bourbon enthusiasts.
It's important to note that the availability of certain Weller expressions may vary by region and can be influenced by the distillery's production and distribution strategies. Additionally, new releases and special editions may be introduced over time, adding to the diversity of the Weller whiskey portfolio.